- I accept that our courses or lessons or tours carries with it some degree of risk; both to the person, property and emotional trauma of friends and family spectating. Knowing of the risk I still wish to register and participate in our courses or tours and so expressly agree to assume the risk of personal injury, damage or trauma to friends and family while I participate in this activity.
- I release, waive and hold harmless Fergs Kayaks LTD, its guides/instructors and/or its employees from all claims, losses, damages or expenses including legal costs that may be incurred during or in conjunction with my participation in any courses or lessons or tours at Fergs Kayaks.
- I also indemnify Fergs Kayaks LTD, its officers and/or its employees against all claims, losses, damages or expenses including legal costs that any of my quests or any one or more of my or their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors or assignees may have or assert against Fergs Kayaks LTD as a result of my participation in any courses or tours at Fergs
- If I am not a resident of New Zealand, I declare that I will not endeavour to avoid clauses 2 & 3 of this document by commencing legal action in another country.
- I declare and confirm that I am physically fit and have no condition or injury that could be affected by any courses or lessons or tours.
- I declare and confirm that I have advised Fergs Kayaks LTD of any condition or injury as listed on the Fergs Kayaks LTD medical conditions list.
- I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed to be necessary by Fergs Kayaks in the case of injury, accident or illness during the course of undertaking Fergs Kayaks courses or lessons or tours and also agree to indemnify Fergs Kayaks in respect of such medical treatment.
FERGS KAYAKS LTD NEW ZEALAND DECLARES THAT NONE OF THE ABOVE CONDITIONS ARE INTENDED TO RESTRICT ANY RIGHTS OR
REMEDIES YOU MAY HAVE UNDER THE NEW ZEALAND CONSUMERS GUARANTEE ACT 1993.
We recommend all customers are well rested, hydrated and have recently eaten before commencing their activity.
Please inform our crew if you have any of the following conditions (please note it does not necessarily prevent you from Sea Kayaking): High or low blood pressure, heart conditions, epilepsy (excluding photosensitive epilepsy – see note below), broken or fractured bones/dislocations, fragile skin, neurological disorders, diabetes, asthma, prosthetics, panic/anxiety attacks or recent sprains/muscular injuries.
If you are pregnant (no matter stage you are in) or have photosensitive epilepsy unfortunately you are unable to sea kayak. There are no exceptions.
Please note, if you have osteoporosis or scoliosis, or a recent concussion, we will require a doctor’s certificate.