$160pp | 6 Hours | 3pm | Fri-Sun
- Tours run on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- A minimum of 2 people per booking (4 people are required for this tour to go ahead)
- 16 years and over
- Trip cancellations will only occur with high winds and/or lightening
- Custom tours can be arranged for group bookings of 6+ please contact us for more details
- Our tours have limited numbers, so please book in advance to secure your space
What to Expect
Less than 10 minutes from downtown Auckland you’ll launch from our iconic Fergs Kayaks base on the water’s edge at Okahu Bay.
Your paddling adventure to the island takes a little over an hour, once there, your guide will lead you on a summit hike, taking in the amazing geology, flora and fauna, and fascinating history of this unique, dormant volcano.
At the peak, you will enjoy a 360° view of Auckland City, the inner harbour and islands of the Hauraki Gulf. On a clear evening, the sunset is breathtaking.
A real highlight of this tour is paddling home under the stars with the lights of Auckland in the distance. It is a wonderfully serene way to end the day.
- Meet Fergs Kayaks 3pm
- Safety briefing
- 75 minute (approx) paddle to Rangitoto Island
- One hour hike to the summit
- Return hike down the volcano
- Return paddle to Fergs Kayaks by 9pm (approx)
What to Bring
Dress for the weather, and be prepared for it to change. We recommend the following:
- For summer paddling: shorts, t-shirt, sports tights, quick dry clothing. For winter paddling, anything thermal/wool/polypro, shorts/leggings/polar fleece or hiking trousers (NO denim or cotton please)
- A windproof shell jacket
- Hiking shoes or trainers
- Water and snacks
- Sunhat/sunglasses, ideally with a securing string
- We provide safety equipment