$180pp | 6 Hours | 10am | Fri-Sun
- Tours run on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- A minimum of 6 people are required for this tour to go ahead
- 16 years and over
- Trip cancellations will only occur with high winds and/or lightening
- All participants to read the Terms and Conditions
- Custom tours can be arranged for group bookings of 6+ please contact 09 5292230 for more details
What to Expect
Less than 10 minutes from downtown Auckland you’ll launch from either our iconic Fergs Kayaks base on the water’s edge at Okahu Bay or St Heliers beach.
Your paddling adventure to the island takes a little over an hour, once there, your guide will lead you on a summit hike, taking in the amazing geology, flora and fauna, and fascinating history of this unique, dormant volcano.
At the peak, you will enjoy a 360° view of Auckland City, the inner harbour and islands of the Hauraki Gulf.
- Meet Fergs Kayaks/ St Heliers beach 10am
- Safety briefing
- 75 minute (approx) paddle to Rangitoto Island
- One hour return hike to the summit accompanied by our kayak guide
Terms and Conditions
We apply a strict cancellation policy.
Fergs reserves the right to cancel or amend any tour due to any inclement outside our control ie weather, road, water closures.
If the tour has commenced we have the right to amend the tour due to safety requirements at the guides discretion.
Fergs will use all reasonable efforts to contact all participants in the event that Fergs needs to cancel a tour due to inclement weather.
In the event that Fergs cancels the tour a full refund or a booking transfer to an alternative date will be offered.
There are No refunds on Gift Cards under any circumstances.
Fergs is not liable in any circumstances for any costs incurred by the Participant as a result of such cancellation.
These terms are subject to rights and remedies you have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 2003.
75% refund if cancelled 48 hrs prior to trip
50% refund if cancelled 24hrs prior to trip
0% refund if fewer than 24hrs notice including missing the tour departure time, fail to arrive, or we have to cancel the booking because of Participant unsuitability due to age, ill health, poor fitness, inappropriate physical size, intoxication.
What to Bring
Dress for the weather, and be prepared for it to change. We recommend the following:
- For summer paddling: shorts, t-shirt, sports tights, quick dry clothing. For winter paddling, anything thermal/wool/polypro, shorts/leggings/polar fleece or hiking trousers (NO denim or cotton please)
- A windproof shell jacket
- Hiking shoes or trainers
- Water and snacks
- Sunhat/sunglasses, ideally with a securing string
- We provide safety equipment