Wellington Night Lights
Wellington at night is a sight to behold. The horseshoe coastline of the central city provides a breathtaking backdrop as dusk settles in. Enjoy a guided tour of some of the most picturesque bays and coves as the sun goes down and the lights come on.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Launch from central Wellington into the evening as the day gives way to sunset.
Paddle out past the 1929 lighthouse at Point Jerningham, known as “The White Lady” past the hill suburbs of Roseneath, Mount Victoria and Haitaitai.
Take in the army barracks across the inlet, enjoy the charm of homes dotted into the hillside, and let your guide regale you with stories of the historic Evans Bay boatsheds.
As you gear up to paddle home the glittering lights of central Wellington will shine across the harbour as you return past the iconic Oriental Bay fountain, illuminated at night, past the vintage landmark seawall.
Paddling home under the stars with Wellington sparkling over the water is a wonderfully serene way to end the day.
• Meet at Fergs Wellington 5:50 pm
• Safety Briefing
• Approx. 45-minute paddle to Evans Bay
• Depending on conditions, you may also visit Scorching Bay, Shelly Bay and/or Balena Bay
• Rest and take in the views and sunset
• Paddle home under the stars via Oriental Bay
• Return to Fergs Wellington 9:30 pm
WHY GET ON BOARD
• Wildlife encounters. Wellington has frequent marine visitors including dolphins, penguins, even the odd whale.
• The beauty. Wellington at night is a landscape of glittering jewels.
• Adventure! Fergs night tours are nothing short of legendary.
• Take in the city from a unique perspective.
• Immerse yourself in a truly Auckland and Kiwi experience.
• The most memorable team building adventure.
• A date to make the producers of The Bachelor swoon.
• We can take care of everything, so you don’t have to worry and just focus on enjoying the trip!
Our tours are tailored to you, so please book in advance to secure your space.
WHAT TO BRING
Dress for the weather, and be prepared for it to change. We recommend the following:
• Light layers
• A windproof shell jacket
• Hiking shoes
• Water and snacks
• Sunhat/sunglasses, ideally with a securing string
• Your sense of adventure
• We provide all safety equipment
WHAT TO WORRY ABOUT
Nothing! Our guides are experienced and safety conscious. We chaperone you the whole way and have systems in place for the unexpected. We are weather and tide nerds, with your safety our top priority.
Kayaking is sustained physical exercise, but it’s not boot camp. Moderate fitness is all you need to comfortably enjoy your evening on the water.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
The weather in Wellington can be changeable, but our indoor climbing wall is always welcoming. Challenge yourself and your team to some epic climbs, with courses for all abilities.