$120pp | 4 Hours | 10am | Fri-Sun
- Tours run on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- A minimum of 2 people per booking (4 people are required for this tour to go ahead)
- 16 years and over
- Trip cancellations will only occur with high winds and/or lightening
- Custom tours can be arranged for group bookings of 6+ please contact us for more details
- Our tours have limited numbers, so please book in advance to secure your space
What to Expect
You’ll launch your adventure from St. Heliers beach, 20 minutes from downtown Auckland.
Your paddling adventure to the Island takes around 45 minutes. Once there, your guide will lead you on a summit hike, taking in the amazing geology and fascinating history of this stunning dormant volcano.
At the peak, you will enjoy views of East Auckland, islands of the Hauraki Gulf, and historic archaeological gems.
The paddle home passes the sheltered cliffs of Gentleman’s Bay.
- Meet at St. Heliers Beach at 10am
- Safety briefing
- 45 minute paddle to Browns Island
- Hike to the summit
- Rest and take in the views
- Return hike down the volcano
- Circumnavigate the island (weather permitting)
- Paddle home past the cliffs of Gentleman’s Bay
- Return to St. Heliers Beach around 2pm
What to Bring
Dress for the weather, and be prepared for it to change. We provide all safety equipment needed for the trip. We recommend the following:
- For summer paddling: shorts, t-shirt, sports tights, quick dry clothing. For winter paddling, anything thermal/wool/polypro, shorts/leggings/polar fleece or hiking trousers (NO denim or cotton please)
- A windproof shell jacket
- Hiking shoes or trainers
- Water and snacks
- Sunhat/sunglasses, ideally with a securing string
- Your sense of adventure