$100pp | 3 Hours | 9 am
CURRENTLY NORTH HEAD TOUR ONLY RUNNING FOR CUSTOM TOURS OF 6+ PADDLERS. PLEASE ENQUIRE FOR MORE DETAILS.
- Tours run on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- A minimum of 2 people per booking (4 people are required for this tour to go ahead)
- 16 years and over
- Trip cancellations will only occur with high winds and/or lightening
- Custom tours can be arranged for group bookings of 6+ please contact us for more details
- Our tours have limited numbers, so please book in advance to secure your space
What to Expect
Less than 10 minutes from downtown Auckland you’ll launch from our iconic Fergs Kayaks base on the water’s edge at Okahu Bay.
Your paddling adventure to the North Shore takes around 45 minutes, first pulling in to the seaside village of Devonport. From there we paddle around North Head and make landfall at Cheltenham Beach.
Your guide will lead you on a summit hike up North Head (Maungauika), one of the oldest dormant volcanos in Auckland, taking in the fascinating history of this old Pā and coastal defence site.
At the peak, you will enjoy sweeping views of Auckland City, the inner harbour and some outlying islands of the Hauraki Gulf.
- Meet Fergs Kayaks 9am
- Safety Briefing
- 45 minute paddle to Devonport
- Paddle tour around North Head
- Land on Cheltenham Beach One
- Hike to North Head summit
- Return to base 12pm (approx.)
What to Bring
Dress for the weather, and be prepared for it to change. We recommend the following:
- For summer paddling: shorts, t-shirt, sports tights, quick dry clothing. For winter paddling, anything thermal/wool/polypro, shorts/leggings/polar fleece or hiking trousers (NO denim or cotton please)
- A windproof shell jacket
- Hiking shoes or trainers
- Water and snacks
- Sunhat/sunglasses, ideally with a securing string
- Your sense of adventure
- We provide all safety equipment