$100pp | 2.5 Hours | 11.00am
Come and enjoy a tour from a different perspective and get away from the hustle and bustle of the city to the heart of the harbour and enjoy the spectacular views of the towering hills surrounding the city.
What to expect
Arrive by 11.00am for a briefing and some paperwork then we’ll get geared up, go over the basics of paddling techniques and how our kayaks work. We’ll be on the water within half an hour heading to Evans Bay stopping by Oriental Bay to see the Carter Memorial Fountain shooting sea spray up to 16 metres high. Then we'll paddle to Point Jerningham and head for the bottom of Evans Bay, coasting by the city and forest for stunning views of the harbour as you paddle back to shore.
What to bring
We’ll provide all safety equipment necessary so you just need to come along ready for the journey with the following:
- Quick dry clothing such as athletic wear, leggings, hiking trousers. For winter it is recommended to wear warm layers such as polyprops, fleece, wool (NO denim or cotton)
- A windproof layer (can be provided)
- Sun hat or beanie depending on the season
- Water and snacks are recommended
- If you are wanting to bring a device or camera you will need to bring your own waterproof case/bag as we do not provide them
What to know when booking
We typically have our tour on Saturdays from 11.00am-1.30pm. But as is the nature of the activity we are at the mercy of the weather and take every precaution to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip which does mean we may have to reschedule your tour. If a Saturday doesn’t work we maybe able to sort out another day but please give us a week's notice to make sure we have a guide available for you.